Black women have the highest death rates of all racial and ethnic groups and are 40% more likely to die of breast cancer than white women.
Did You Know That…
– SSA paid benefits to about 60.4 million people in 2011
– Social Security provided at least half the income for 65 percent of the aged beneficiaries in 2010
– Social Security benefits were awarded to about 5.6 million people in 2011
– Women accounted for 56 percent of adult Social Security beneficiaries in 2011
– The average age of disabled-worker beneficiaries was 53.0 in 2011
– Eighty-five percent of SSI recipients received payments because of disability or blindness in 2011
SOURCES: Data for 1962 are from Social Security Administration, The Aged Population of the United States: The 1963 Social Security Survey of the Aged (1967). Data for 2010 are Social Security Administration calculations from the March 2011 Annual Social and Economic Supplement to the Current Population Survey.
• 176,945 people set a quit date through NHS Stop Smoking Services, a decrease of 17% (35,363) on the final figure for same period in 2011/12 (212,308), and an decrease of 7% (13,473) on the final figure for the same period in 2010/11 (190,418).
• At the 4 week follow-up 86,341 people had successfully quit (based on self-report), 49% of those setting a quit date. This is a decrease of 15% (15,214) on the final figure for the same period in 2011/12 (101,555), and also a decrease of 3% (3,074) on the final figure for the same period in 2010/11 (89,415).