Information is slowly trickling out about the 238 bids officially submitted, each story more outrageous than the last. Chicago, for example, is reportedly offering over $2 billion in tax breaks and other incentives. That’s 40 percent of the estimated $5 billion that Amazon estimates it will cost to build its second headquarters. Not to be outdone, the state of New Jersey and the city of Newark are putting up a combined $7 billion in incentives — more than the value of the initial investment and well over $100,000 for each one of the 50,000 jobs Amazon says it will create.
- A Taste for Brown Sugar: Black Women in Pornography.
- BASW speaks out over recent ‘naming and shaming’ of social workers
- Can we keep it simple? Using the BARR-2002R with a community-based sex offender sample
- Learning from Others: English proposals for early years education and care reform and policy transfer from France and the Netherlands, 2010–15
- Possible mechanisms in a multicomponent email guided positive psychology intervention to improve mental well-being, anxiety and depression: A multiple mediation model
Category Specific RSS