Since his re-election in 2015, Emanuel has been under public fire for his record on policing. The controversy over his alleged cover-up of a video showing Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke shooting Laquan McDonald 16 times led to a string of protests and calls for the mayor’s resignation. The record-breaking violence in the city has driven affected communities to demand both better public safety and more police accountability. And the Department of Justice’s scathing report on the Chicago Police Department—an agency overseen by the mayor—described a pattern of “racially discriminatory” conduct.
- Functional Family Therapy-Child Welfare (FFT-CW)
- Teenage depression linked to father’s depression
- Bury Your Gays and Social Media Fan Response: Television, LGBTQ Representation, and Communitarian Ethics
- Beliefs About Others’ Perceptions—Gender Typicality: Scale Development and Relationships to Gender Nonconformity, Sexual Orientation, and Well-Being
- Welfare reform in the United Kingdom 2010–16: Expectations, outcomes, and local impacts
Category Specific RSS