The dismissals target the best academics in Turkey and aim to liquidate universities as such and replace them with something along the lines of submissive high schools. I believe this process can be defined as ‘academocide’. Since the 15 July 2016 coup attempt, about which information remains largely obscure, the government has gradually dismissed more than 5,000 academics, among more than 100,000 public employees, on charges of belonging to or being affiliated with the Gülenist or other loosely defined terrorist organisations.
- The relationship between the behavior problems and motor skills of students with intellectual disability
- In Connecticut, Calling for Help Carries Risks for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Risk creating and risk reducing: Community perceptions of supervised consumption facilities for illicit drug use
- Automatic affective-motivational regulation processes underlying supportive dyadic coping: the role of increased implicit positive attitudes toward communal goals in response to a stressed relationship partner
- ‘It takes me into another dimension’: an evaluation of mental health-themed exhibitions in outdoor urban areas
Category Specific RSS