The opioid crisis, the frequent mass shootings, the rising rates of suicide, especially among middle-aged white males, the morbid obesity, the obsession with gambling, the investment of our emotional and intellectual life in tawdry spectacles and the allure of magical thinking, from the absurd promises of the Christian right to the belief that reality is never an impediment to our desires, are the pathologies of a diseased culture. They have risen from a decayed world where opportunity, which confers status, self-esteem and dignity, has dried up for most Americans. They are expressions of acute desperation and morbidity.
- Study With The Best – Religion and Spirituality through the CUNY lens
- Can Socioeconomic Diversity Plans Produce Racial Diversity in K-12 Schools?
- Senate Plan Would Raise Taxes on the Poor, a Report Says
- Meditative Training Improves Undergraduate Executive Functioning
- Multilevel Comparisons of Hospital Discharge among Older Adults with a Fall-Related Hospitalization
Category Specific RSS