The opioid crisis, the frequent mass shootings, the rising rates of suicide, especially among middle-aged white males, the morbid obesity, the obsession with gambling, the investment of our emotional and intellectual life in tawdry spectacles and the allure of magical thinking, from the absurd promises of the Christian right to the belief that reality is never an impediment to our desires, are the pathologies of a diseased culture. They have risen from a decayed world where opportunity, which confers status, self-esteem and dignity, has dried up for most Americans. They are expressions of acute desperation and morbidity.
- Experiencing Shame: Collegiate Alcohol Abuse, Religiosity, and Spirituality
- As TANF Ages, Its Performance as a Safety Net and Work Program Worsens
- A Statistical Consideration Regarding the Threshold of the Psychopathy Checklist–Revised
- Prospective writing: Randomized controlled trial of an intervention for facilitating growth after adversity
- The sound of creek water under ice
Category Specific RSS