History of health and social services in Greater Cleveland

In 1917, in an effort to improve the planning and provision of social services, civic leader Belle Sherwin initiated the merger of the Federation with the Welfare Council, an organization formed three years earlier to assist the city welfare department and serve as a clearinghouse for surveys and other social service activities. The new Welfare Federation of Cleveland and its role in, and capacity for, health and social planning became an example to communities across the country.

This entry was posted in History. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.