The Maldives, a small-island developing Muslim nation in the Indian Ocean, consists of about 1190 coral islands, of which 199 islands are inhabited. It has a population of little over 0.3 million, of which the majority are concentrated in the capital city of Male’. Substance use, particularly opioid use, has been a major problem in Maldives for over three decades. There has been a steady increase in the number of people who use drugs, but options for treatment have been thus far, limited.
- Glass slippers, Holy Grails and Ivory Towers: gender and advancement in academia
- Parent peer advocacy, information and refusing disability discourses
- Effects of religious stigma and harm on perceived psychopathology
- Policymaking Opportunities for Direct Practice Social Workers in Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Inquiry into the State of Social Work
Category Specific RSS