Koro is a syndrome in which the penis (or sometimes the nipples or vulva) is retracting, with deleterious effects for the sufferer. In modern psychiatry, it is considered a culture-bound syndrome (CBS). This paper considers the formation and development of psychiatric conceptions of koro and related genital retraction syndromes from the 1890s to the present.
- Nutrient- and non-nutrient-based natural health product (NHP) use in adults with mood disorders: prevalence, characteristics and potential for exposure to adverse events
- The Economic Well-Being of LGB Youth Transitioning Out of Foster Care
- Demonstration projects for improving sexual health in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth: evaluation report
- A developmental model of financial capability: A framework for promoting a successful transition to adulthood
- Emotion work in animal rights activism: A moral-sociological perspective
Category Specific RSS