Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), a form of psychoeducational training for adolescents and adults with emotional or psychological distress due to medical conditions, physical pain, or life events, is designed to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms, negative mood-related feelings, and depression symptoms; increase self-esteem; and improve general mental health and functioning. The program is based on the core principle of “mindfulness”–a mental state whereby one attends to and purposefully manages one’s awareness of what is happening in the moment. MBSR helps participants to develop a mindful cognitive state and incorporate it into everyday life as a coping resource to deal with intense physical, emotional, and situational stressors.
- Reflections from an Untenured Chair: Myths and Realities
- Inference Using Sample Means of Parametric Nonlinear Data Transformations
- Delaware’s Child Welfare System Successes (podcast)
- Gender differences in the associations between perceived environment and walking for recreation in Taiwanese adults
- Common mental disorder and its socio-demographic correlates among married women residing in slum areas of Bhubaneswar, India
Category Specific RSS