Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), a form of psychoeducational training for adolescents and adults with emotional or psychological distress due to medical conditions, physical pain, or life events, is designed to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms, negative mood-related feelings, and depression symptoms; increase self-esteem; and improve general mental health and functioning. The program is based on the core principle of “mindfulness”–a mental state whereby one attends to and purposefully manages one’s awareness of what is happening in the moment. MBSR helps participants to develop a mindful cognitive state and incorporate it into everyday life as a coping resource to deal with intense physical, emotional, and situational stressors.
- Shawna Mitalovich, Social Work
- Monastic martyrs of compassion: murdered Trappist monks in Algeria and the different meanings of martyrdom
- “Raindrops on roses:” The Sound of Music and the political psyche of the Sixties
- Executive coaching and leadership assessment: Past, present, and future.
- Academic satisfaction among Latino/a and White men and women engineering students.
Category Specific RSS