Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), a form of psychoeducational training for adolescents and adults with emotional or psychological distress due to medical conditions, physical pain, or life events, is designed to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms, negative mood-related feelings, and depression symptoms; increase self-esteem; and improve general mental health and functioning. The program is based on the core principle of “mindfulness”–a mental state whereby one attends to and purposefully manages one’s awareness of what is happening in the moment. MBSR helps participants to develop a mindful cognitive state and incorporate it into everyday life as a coping resource to deal with intense physical, emotional, and situational stressors.
- Muscularity disturbance and methamphetamine use among HIV-infected men who have sex with men.
- The Cognitive Distortions Questionnaire: Psychometric validation for an Australian population
- Does singlehood isolate or integrate? Examining the link between marital status and ties to kin, friends, and neighbors
- American Indian & Alaska Native Head Start Family/Child Experiences Survey (AI/AN FACES) Highlights
- Millon’s Contributions to Preadolescent and Adolescent Personality Assessment: Searching Onward and Upward
Category Specific RSS