Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), a form of psychoeducational training for adolescents and adults with emotional or psychological distress due to medical conditions, physical pain, or life events, is designed to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms, negative mood-related feelings, and depression symptoms; increase self-esteem; and improve general mental health and functioning. The program is based on the core principle of “mindfulness”–a mental state whereby one attends to and purposefully manages one’s awareness of what is happening in the moment. MBSR helps participants to develop a mindful cognitive state and incorporate it into everyday life as a coping resource to deal with intense physical, emotional, and situational stressors.
- We needed to change the mission statement of the marriage’: biographical disruptions, appraisals and revisions among couples living with endometriosis
- Exploring Parental Approval and Disapproval for Black and White Interracial Couples
- A Qualitative Study of Child Custody Evaluators’ Beliefs and Opinions
- College Binge Drinking and Social Norms: Advancing Understanding Through Statistical Applications
- Dynamics of perceived social network support for same-sex versus mixed-sex relationships
Category Specific RSS