Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), a form of psychoeducational training for adolescents and adults with emotional or psychological distress due to medical conditions, physical pain, or life events, is designed to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms, negative mood-related feelings, and depression symptoms; increase self-esteem; and improve general mental health and functioning. The program is based on the core principle of “mindfulness”–a mental state whereby one attends to and purposefully manages one’s awareness of what is happening in the moment. MBSR helps participants to develop a mindful cognitive state and incorporate it into everyday life as a coping resource to deal with intense physical, emotional, and situational stressors.
- Just 8 people now have the same wealth as the poorest 3.6 billion
- Declaration of Principles on Public Education, Democracy, and the Role of Federal Government
- A cultural take on the links between religiosity, identity, and meaning in life in religious emerging adults
- OVC Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Comprehensive Services for Victims of All Forms of Human Trafficking
- The yield from vitamin D screening among psychiatric inpatients
Category Specific RSS