Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), a form of psychoeducational training for adolescents and adults with emotional or psychological distress due to medical conditions, physical pain, or life events, is designed to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms, negative mood-related feelings, and depression symptoms; increase self-esteem; and improve general mental health and functioning. The program is based on the core principle of “mindfulness”–a mental state whereby one attends to and purposefully manages one’s awareness of what is happening in the moment. MBSR helps participants to develop a mindful cognitive state and incorporate it into everyday life as a coping resource to deal with intense physical, emotional, and situational stressors.
- Councillor astonished at attempts to “block” Leicester children’s social services investigation Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Councillor-astonished-attempts-block-Leicester/story-27736115-detail/story.html#ixzz3knk3usvD Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook
- Associations Between Maternal Infection During Pregnancy, Childhood Infections and the Risk of Subsequent Psychotic Disorder–A Swedish Cohort Study of Nearly 2 Million Individuals
- Migrant crisis: What solutions can the EU find?
- Student support applications for higher education: July 2015
- Does social capital enhance political participation of older adults? A multi-level analysis of older Finns and Swedes
Category Specific RSS