Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), a form of psychoeducational training for adolescents and adults with emotional or psychological distress due to medical conditions, physical pain, or life events, is designed to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms, negative mood-related feelings, and depression symptoms; increase self-esteem; and improve general mental health and functioning. The program is based on the core principle of “mindfulness”–a mental state whereby one attends to and purposefully manages one’s awareness of what is happening in the moment. MBSR helps participants to develop a mindful cognitive state and incorporate it into everyday life as a coping resource to deal with intense physical, emotional, and situational stressors.
- Gun Violence Across America
- Workplace social stressors, drug-alcohol-tobacco use, and coping strategies
- Women report vaginal ring for preventing HIV had little effect on sexual intercourse
- Impact of Making Textile Handcrafts on Mood Enhancement and Inflammatory Immune Changes
- Art Therapy and Cognitive Processing Therapy for Combat-Related PTSD: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Category Specific RSS