Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), a form of psychoeducational training for adolescents and adults with emotional or psychological distress due to medical conditions, physical pain, or life events, is designed to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms, negative mood-related feelings, and depression symptoms; increase self-esteem; and improve general mental health and functioning. The program is based on the core principle of “mindfulness”–a mental state whereby one attends to and purposefully manages one’s awareness of what is happening in the moment. MBSR helps participants to develop a mindful cognitive state and incorporate it into everyday life as a coping resource to deal with intense physical, emotional, and situational stressors.
- Acceptability of Prolonged Exposure Therapy Among U.S. Iraq War Veterans With PTSD Symptomology
- To include or not to include? That is the ethical question
- Therapy interventions for couples: A commitment uncertainty comparison.
- Factors Associated With Caregiver Burden Among Caregivers of Children With Cerebral Palsy in Sri Lanka
- Family and population genetic studies in mental illness
Category Specific RSS